For the crepes
- 125g/4 ½ oz plain flour
- 15g/ ½ oz caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 325ml/11½ fl oz milk
- 50ml/ 1 ¾ fl oz double cream
- Few drops orange flower water
- 20g /3/4 oz clarified butter
For the orange butter
- 10 oranges, 6 juiced , 4 segmented
- 100g/3 ½ oz icing sugar
- 125g/4 ½ oz butter , diced, softened
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- For the crepes, whisk the flour , sugar, salt , eggs and a third of the milk in a bowl to a smooth batter
- Gradually stir in the rest of the milk and all the cream. Leave the batter to rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Just before cooking, stir in the orange flower water
- Brush a small 18cm -20cm/7in-8in frying pan with a little of the clarified butter and place over a medium heat. Add a ladleful of the batter and tilt the pan to cover the base thinly: cook the crepe for a minute each side.
- Transfer the crepe to a plate and repeat, stacking the crepes between sheets of greaseproof paper, until all of the batter has been used up.
- For the orange butter sauce, strain the orange juice through a sieve into a saucepan and add the icing sugar
- Gradually bring the mixture to the boil and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the butter, a little at a time.
- To serve, scatter the orange segments over each crepe and roll up. Spoon over the orange sauce and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Preparation time: 1-2 hours
Cooking time: 30mins to 1 hour