- 6 Hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 18 mini baby carrots
- 16 Large pitted black olives
- 12 roasted red pepper strips, each about 3 inches long
- Wooden toothpicks
- Use large end of oval egg as base for penguin. Place one toothpick in each of 2 baby carrots (trim carrots if necessary). Stick top of toothpicks into bottom of egg to form “feet” of penguin. These will stabilize egg.
- Use 1 olive for head of penguin. Trim 1 mini carrot to form nose. Cut silver in olive to insert carrot nose. Insert toothpick into bottom of olive and place on top of egg to form “head” of penguin.
- Cut 1 olive in half lengthwise for “flippers”. Place 1 half on each side of egg using toothpicks that have been broken in half.
- Place 1 strip of roasted red peppers around neck for the scarf. Place another strip of roasted red pepper down one side of penguin for drape of scarf.
- Repeat process for each penguin. Refrigerate until using.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 9-15 minutes